Monday 12 October 2009

Mock Ups

Mock up Front Cover 1



This is my first idea for my CD cover. I think it looks quite good, but I'm not really sure it relfects my genre choice. I really like the image of the artist. I feel that it's a very strong image and it conveys how the artist feels. The album title is also 'Fool For You', so the fact that she's looking away may connote how ashmaed she may feel and how much of a fool she thinks she may have been. The image is also postioned in the centre of the frame, connoting her importance. The name of the album and the artist's name is in black therefore it stands out and is bold on the page. I like her costume in this image too, as the top connotes glamour, but the jacket connotes atttitude.



Mock up Back Cover 1



This is an idea I have for the back cover, however I'm not sure whether I like it as much as the back cover below. I really don't think the colour scheme works, especially for R&B Pop, but I could challenge convention. I really love the image I have used for the back cover, as it shows the artist bowing her head down which connotes how ashmaed she could feel and embarrased that she believed her ex-boyfriend loved her. I like her costume in this one as the top connotes glamour, but the jacket conntes attitude. Especially, when her posture is her having ehr hands on her hips, which also connotes attitude.



Mock up Front Cover 2



Again, for this cover I chose a top for the artist which connotes glamour, and this time she's wearing it without the jacket. She is positioned in the center of the frame, which connotes her status and how much power she may have. Her posture of ehr having her hands on her hips, again connotes attitude, and that she won't take any nonsense. The artist's name EVE is behind her at the top of the CD cover in big, bright, bold, yellow letter, which makes it stand out and is therefore eye cataching for the audience. However, what I don't like si the fact that the album title is so small and in the bottom right hand corner. It doesn't stand out as much and may not be so clear to the audience.



Mock up Back Cover 2



This is another idea I have for the back cover, and I actually prefer this back cover to the other one, as I feel that it reflects my choice of genre. Laos, the colour scheme is black, which again reflects the genre I have chose. However, the black could connote how the artist has a bit of an edge about her. The image also, reflects the album title as she's bowing her head, maybe in disgrace or disgust at herself, for being a fool and believing that her ex-boyfriend loved her, when he cheated on her. The bakc cover contains a barcode, the record label's logo and the copyrights, which is crucial for a back cover.



Mock up Promotional Tour Poster



I do actually really like this concert poster as it oozes R&B Pop, becuase of the colour scheme of black and yellow. The yellow makes it stand out, especially the yellow lines around the artist, and this is crucial as the poster will be something people will walk past, and the aim is to reach out to the target demographic. The tour poster is a promotional tour poster, so it contains the place and the year, to create suspense for the audience. It also contains a website for the audience to go on, which again is crucial as the audience will want to find out more about the artist and the concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment