Thursday 19 November 2009

Final Print Products

Front Cover



I'm really pleased with the front cover and I feel it reflects the genre of the music, but it's not conventionally black like most R&B pop album covers, so I'm challenging convention in that sense. The costume of the artist isn't glamourous, but it still connotes her personality and a stylish attitude towards things. In other R&B Pop album covers, the artist tends to be wearing 'slutty' clothing and showing a bit too much flesh, so again in my CD cover I'm challenging convention, but I feel that it works. Her position in the frame is central, which conntes her importance and how it's all about her. She's the main focus. Also, the image of the artist is shadowed and I airbrushed the picture to make it look a bit more illuminous, which connotes her start status. The picture of the artist looked nice on the grey background anyway, but I felt it needed a bit of an umph to give it more of an edge, so I put the grey and white lines running behind her, so it added style and sophistication to the cover and makes it stand out a little more and makes it look professional.


Back Cover



I also, really like the back cover too as the colour scheme continues from the front cover, which is typical of an R&B Pop album cover. I think the back cover looks really professional, as it has the record label's logo, the barcode, the copyrights the song titles, but it also has a couple of websites for the fans to find out more about the artist, and I feel that, that is knowing what the consumer wants, and I'm also reaching out to the target demographic. The picture of the artist is different to the front picture, but she's stil wearing the same clothing, which again links them two together. Also, her gesture is her having her hands on her hips, which conntes attitude and that's what I wanted to achieve, as the album is about her sending out a message to her ex-boyfriend that she is over him.


First Promotional Tour Poster




This was my final concert poster, but after the feedback from the class and the comments posted on here about the concert poster, I think I need to change it. I may keep the same picture as it's different to the other too, but I will definitely change the colour scheme to the same as the CD covers, and the spirals as thats what will link the three products together. So below is the new improved concert poster...


Final Promotional Tour Poster



This is the promotional tour poster that I created after my original final one, didn’t satisfy the audience in the class feedback. They said that there was no link between the tour poster and the CD covers. Due to that opinion, I decided to use the same colour scheme for the poster as the CD covers and I have also put the spiral pattern on there too as the audience will link the pattern to the CD covers and then the artist. As it is a promotional tour poster, it incorporates the venue, with the year date and there is also a website for the audience to find out more information and possibly book tickets. On the poster is the record label’s logo and the artist’s name is in huge black letters, which enables it to stand out on the page and draw the attention of any passers by i.e. the target demographic.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Lizzie :)
    I really like your products here. Particularly the way the CD cover front and back matches and the way you have used a direct mode of address in both products to engage your audience. The only thing I would suggest you look at would be the link between the tour poster and the CD cover as there is nothing that stands out as being the same, even the use of colours is completely different. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agrees with Anna. These print products work really well but I think that there does need to be a common link between them. Other than that excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this tour poster really stands out and i think that the way that she is outlined really works for your genre. But i do agree with Anna as well. However as a whole this is a great poster and i like the way that she is more dressed up in the Poster than the CD cover

    About the CD cover i think you have fitted to the genre by the use of the costume and the background of the CD cover it think it works really well. I like the pose on the back cover i think it works really effectively and in contrast with the front cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think your music video and print products are all really good and high quality, you have obviously worked hard on them and it shows. For the poster you could consider having an image of the CD cover included on the poster to show they are clearly related and would also to help consumers which was a common convention on a lot of the adverts which I analysed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the effort put into the CD and poster reflects the high quality of them. I think you used editing really well and works well with your genre of music. However I think the colours of the CD cover should be the same as the poster

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your products, it looks really professional, the colours reflect into the genre of music and helps to target its consumer. i like the pose of the model on the back with different levels

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your artifacts look really professional and conform to the genre. It shows the effort you have put into these...the new improved tour poster looks great. I like the CD cover front and back how she is positioned differently and the background colour works really well with the font and what the artist is wearing :)

    ReplyDelete